Mussa was inaugurating K200 million worthy studios at the Malawi Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) Television in Blantyre, as the fire was raising down the house.
“My garden boy has just informed me that my house is currently on fire. He said it started from the garage, spreading through the guest wing to the main house. I called the Lilongwe City Assembly fire brigade, but unfortunately their engine could not start. I then called the Malawi Defence Force but their fire engine was at the Kamuzu International Airport so it was too late for them to reach Area 10,” explained Mussa.
“I am very depressed because I have lost a lot of valuables, which include a brand new vehicle which the Ministry has procured and handed to me three days ago,” he said.