Umoyo Nkukabirana is an interactive radio programme designed to enhance knowledge exchange between researchers, clinicians and the general public.
The aim of the program is to engage the public in health issues debate.
This month (October) we center on the theme: Traditional versus Modern medicine.
This week on 15.10.16, the program's discussion will be guided by these questions:
• Is there a combination between traditional and modern medicines?
• Can a Modern doctor advise a patient to try traditional medicine?
• Can a traditional/herbal healer at some point advise a patient to try modern medicine?
• At what point should a patient seek different opinion on their health?
Our speakers this Saturday are:
• John Mponda - College of Medicine
• Mai Matimati - Herbal medicine specialist