The move has been welcomed by many as Government announced earlier in September that it has suspended recruitment of interns.
A statement issued by the Ministry of Labour's Principal Secretary, Thokozire Banda, said “candidates should start reporting for work on November 1 2019.”
The statement said to prevent ghost workers from infiltrating the system, Government will conduct a head count, checking certificates and all necessary documents in relation to the recruitment.
“All relevant stakeholders are requested to support the interns to enable them settle smoothly in their designated workplaces.
“The Ministry further appeals to all heads of institutions to ensure that interns are adequately engaged in work to enable them gain experience which is the ultimate objective of the programme,”the statement added..
Government launched the K5 billion graduate internship programme to sharpen the skills of college students and giving them real life experiences in their respective job industries.