According to BBC, the government has declared three days of mourning after the huge blast, which also injured 225 people.
A lorry packed with explosives was detonated in the Karrada district while families were shopping for the holiday marking the end of Ramadan.
It is believed to be the deadliest single bomb attack in Iraq since 2007.
Rescuers said whole families had been killed. Many people were badly burned.
So-called Islamic State (IS) has said it carried out the suicide attack. BBC reports.
Men continued to dig through rubble at the Karrada site on Monday, searching for the remains of those still missing.
Black banners were hung from nearby buildings bearing the names of victims and detailing their funerals.
In a statement on the attack, the Iraqi justice ministry said (in Arabic) that a group of prisoners convicted of terrorist crimes would be put to death in the immediate future.