MBC Online failed to talk to either Carlsberg Malawi Spokesperson Towela Munthali or Police on the cause of the fire and quantity of the damaged items, but one of the workers told this reporter that the fire started after some welding sparks landed on the wall that was being painted. The paint contained thinners which is a highly flammable chemical.
According to the worker, two people have been referred to Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital after they were seriously injured by the fire.
The painting and the welding were part of the rehabilitation work on the part that was damaged by the first fire incident on March 20.
The March 20 fire destroyed the macro laboratory, beer plant as well as chemicals.
The Fire Brigade from the Blantyre City Council managed to contain the fire.